Develop the skill sets needed to guide the delivery of value in a Lean enterprise by becoming a SAFe® 5 Product Owner/Product Manager (POPM). During this two-day course, attendees gain an in-depth understanding of how to effectively perform their role in the Agile Release Train (ART) as it delivers value through Program Increments.
Attendees explore how to apply Lean thinking to decompose Epics into Features and Stories, refine Features and Stories, manage Program and Team backlogs, and to plan and execute Iterations and Program Increments. Attendees also discover how the Continuous Delivery Pipeline and DevOps culture contribute to the relentless improvement of the ART.
Exam & Certification Details
Exam prerequisite skills
- 5+ years experience in software development, testing, business analysis, product or project management
- Experience in Scrum
The first step toward becoming a Certified SAFe professional is to attend the Leading SAFe® course. This is a requirement, because attending the course provides access to all the study materials and the exam. Note that attending the course does not guarantee passing the exam.
- To perform the role of a SAFe® Product Owner/Product Manager, attendees should be able to:
- Articulate the Product Owner and Product Manager role
- Connect SAFe Lean-Agile principles and values to the PO/PM roles
- Decompose Epics into Features and decompose Features into Stories
- Refine Features into Stories
- Manage Program and Team backlogs
- Collaborate with Agile teams in estimating and forecasting work
- Represent Customer needs in Program Increment Planning
- Execute the Program Increment and deliver continuous value
What Attendees Get
The class registration includes:
- Attendee workbook
- Preparation and eligibility to take the SAFe® 5 Product Owner/Product Manager (POPM) exam
- One-year membership to the SAFe Community Platform
- Course certificate of completion
- Attendees must attend both days of the course in order to qualify for the exam.
- All are welcome to attend the course, regardless of experience.
- However, the following prerequisites are highly recommended:
- Attend a Leading SAFe® course
- Experience working in a SAFe environment
- Experience with Lean, Agile, or other relevant certifications
Completion of this course gives you access to the exam and all related study materials as part of your Learning Plan in the SAFe Community Platform.